DEADLINE: September 19, 2021
The mission of the Fort Worth Community Arts Center is to exhibit contemporary art. The selection process is highly competitive. The Arts Center is looking for artist submissions for solo shows and curated proposals for group exhibitions of a professional level that are innovative, inclusive, educational, and serve diverse audiences.
SoCur proposal reviews take place once a year.
PROPOSALS AND THE REVIEW PROCESS
An independent Exhibition Advisory Panel, made up of arts professionals, reviews the SoCur submissions, and makes recommendations. Partial submissions will be disqualified. Proposals should demonstrate a consistency of vision.
Selections will be weighed against the criteria below:
· New and original works that have not previously exhibited in Fort Worth
· A clear and articulated central theme or concept
· Artwork/exhibitions that address relevant social and cultural issues in the community
· Relevant themes in contemporary art
· Creative supplemental programming that compliments the proposed exhibition (i.e., artist discussions, workshops, lectures, educational events or panels)
Proposals from Artists need to include:
· Exhibition Summary
· Artist Statement
· 10-20 images of artwork
· Image list including title, year, size, and medium
· Gallery Preference
· Month Preference
Proposals from Curators need to include:
· Exhibition Summary
· A curator’s statement (no more than one page in length)
· List of artists, including brief CV/bios
· List of works proposed, including the approximate number of artwork and estimate of space needed - linear or square footage
· Samples artwork, mock-ups or plans - JPG (clearly labeled with a matching image list)
If you are selected to exhibit, you will need to provide precise specifications of what you plan to display to ensure that work is exhibited in the appropriate gallery. While we will respect your original artistic vision, we retain the final right to edit the exhibition. Selection is based on artwork submitted and there cannot be any substitutions or changes to the body of work. Gallery & Month request is not guaranteed and final decisions are based on the exhibition plan.
See the Arts Center gallery layout here.
Learn more and apply here: