Botanical Art Exhibit 2019
Art in Bloom
Call for submissions - - Prospectus and guidelines
The Botanical Art Collective of North Central Texas is pleased to announce an open call for a curated exhibition at the Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) from May 10th, 2019 to June 20th 2019. A reception will be held on Friday, May 10th, 2019 from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
Artists may submit up to three (3) pieces of art featuring botanical subjects, in any medium. Approximately 50-60 art pieces will be accepted and there will be a “People’s Choice Award’ following the opening reception.
The $25 submission fee covers up to 3 submissions. Only 2D art will be displayed.
Flowers, fruits, seeds, vegetables, fungi, seeds, trees, plants, and grasses are welcome. This is a celebration of the world of botany.
1. Deadline for submission – April 22nd, 2019
2. Notification of acceptance - May1st, 2019
3. Delivery of artwork to BRIT - any time between 10.00-4.00pm - May 7th and 8th 2019
- for those unable to deliver the art at these times please contact Denis Benjamin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for alternatives
4. Show dates - May 10th to June 20th
5. Reception - May10th (Friday)
6. Pick-up of artwork - June 20th
Preparing images for submission.
a. Digital images: electronic submission is required via E-mail
b. Correctly sized and labeled images should be sent to email@example.com
c. Include your name, address and phone number in your Email.
d. Label each image with your surname, a number and include title, medium, framed size and price in the Email. Example: benjamin_1.jpeg Magnolia, watercolor, 16x20 inches, $200 (or NFS)
e. Orient the image correctly (horizontal or vertical)
f. Please only include the image with no frame or surroundings.
g. File format: JPEG only.
h. File dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side, 300 dpi
i. File size: 3 MB maximum. JPEG image should be a high resolution, high quality image.
j. Pay submission fee - see below
a. Either metal or wood frames may be used
b. Glass is acceptable although acrylic or plexiglass is preferred (if using glass, tape an X on the glass)
c. Maximum frame size - 42 inches ; Minimum frame size -13 inches
d. There are no restrictions on matting, floating artwork or mat color
e. Work should hang by wire using D-rings or metal hanging hardware.
f. Frames should be no more than 2 inches wide on a side
Delivery of artwork
a.Accepted artwork should be hand delivered to BRIT (1700 University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107) between 10.00 am - 4.00 pm on May 7th or 8th
Payment - two choices
Mail check for $25.00 made out to Botanical Art Collective to Denis Benjamin, 2600 W 7th St. #2606 Fort Worth, Texas 76107
To pay by credit card. Go to BRIT website. http://brit.org/art-brit/botanical-art-collective-north-central-texas. Follow the links to register for the show and pay $25 via PayPal or credit card. The button for this is near the top of the page.
1. The Exhibitor (BRIT) shall be entitled to receive a commission equal to 10% of the sales price of the Works of Art. Entries not clearly marked with a price or with NFS are considered not for sale. BRIT will facilitate contact between artist and potential buyer, but does not manage the mechanics of the transaction. Sold artwork must remain on display throughout to exhibit.
Liability and insurance
1. Every care will be taken in handling art work. BRIT is not responsible for loss or damage to any work of art. Artists are responsible for loss/damage to any work, and for insurance of paintings to, from, and during the exhibit.
Please call Denis Benjamin at 817-614-8654 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org