Call for Entries - Botanical art exhibit
Botanical Art: flowers, fruit and fungi
The Botanical Art Collective of North Central Texas is pleased to announce an open call for a juried exhibition at the Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT) from June 14, 2018 to August 9, 2018. A reception will be held on Thursday June 14, 2018 from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm. Artists may submit up to four art pieces featuring botanical subjects, in any medium. Only 2D art will be displayed. Flowers, fruits, seeds, vegetables, fungi, seeds, trees, plants, and grasses are welcome. This is a celebration of the world of botany.
Timeline 1. Deadline for submission – May 28, 2018 2. Notification of acceptance - June 5, 2018 3. Delivery of artwork to BRIT - any time between 9.00-5.00pm - June 11-12 4. Show dates - June 14 to August 9 5. Reception - June 14 (Thursday) 6. Pick-up of artwork - August 10
1. Sending the digital images: a. Electronic submission is required via E-mail b. Correctly sized and labeled images should be sent to email@example.com c. Please include your name, address and phone number in your Email.
2. Preparing images for submission. a. File format: JPEG only. b. File dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side, 300 dpi c. File size: 3 MB maximum. JPEG image should be a high resolution, high quality image. d. Label each image with your surname, a number and include title, medium, framed size and price in the Email. Example: benjamin_1.jpeg Magnolia, watercolor, 16x20 inches, $200 (or NFS) e. Orient the image correctly (horizontal or vertical) f. Please only include the image with no frame or surroundings.
3. Frames a. either metal or wood frames may be used b. glass is acceptable although acrylic or plexiglass is preferred c. maximum frame size is 42 inches d. there are no restrictions on matting, floating artwork or mat color e. work should hang by wire using D-rings or metal hanging hardware. f. frames should be no more than 2 inches wide on a side
4. Delivery and pickup a. artwork should be hand delivered to BRIT (1700 University Drive, Fort Worth, TX 76107) between 10.00 am - 4.00 pm on June 11 or 12.
5. Submission Fee a. $15 (total) by check at the time of delivery of the artwork. Make check out to Botanical Art Collective of North Central Texas.
Sales 1. The Exhibitor (BRIT) shall be entitled to receive a commission equal to 10% of the sales price of the Works of Art. Entries not clearly marked with a price or with NFS are considered not for sale. BRIT will facilitate contact between artist and potential buyer, but does not manage the mechanics of the transaction. Sold artwork must remain on display throughout to exhibit.
Liability and insurance 1. Every care will be taken in handling art work. BRIT is not responsible for loss or damage to any work of art. Artists are responsible for loss/damage to any work, and for insurance of paintings to, from, and during the exhibit.
Questions? Please call Layla Luna at 817-332-4441 X264 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org